As April draws to a close it's time for updates, wrap-ups, and awards.
For my final nod to Nashville Fashion Week 2014 here are a few short videos of some of the runway shows that expand on my "Best Looks From" posts. There's nothing like a catwalk video to give you a true sense of a designer's collection and how it is presented to a live audience.
Although this marks the end of NFW 2014 coverage In the future I will be bringing you more in-depth features with some of Nashville and the surrounding area's designers, artisans and influential people. The New South is brimming with talented, creative people, and I'm excited to be a part of bringing these individuals to your attention.
Several of you have asked about Rhoda, the stray that I talked about in my last post Dignity Not Charity. Clint is still the only person she will get close to, and it's obvious from the clip below that she not only knows who he is but gets very excited when he comes to visit.
Finally, the lovely Jan, aka Fort Smith Stylista, has nominated me for the Wonderful Team Player Readership Award. She's quick to point out this is a practically effortless accolade, so I'm honored to accept.
Here are the rules:
1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar.
2. The Nominee shall nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days (1 week) – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be ALL on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, etc.
3. The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period.
4. The Nominee shall make these rules, or amended rules keeping to the spirit of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award, known to each reader s/he nominates.
5. The Nominee must finish this sentence and post: ”A Great reader is…”
Here is my list of readers I appreciate in no particular order:
- Kimmie Jones of That Girl in the Wheelchair
- Alys Milner of Gardening Nirvana
- Kim Gordon of Pop Cosmo
- Pam Lutrell of Over 50 Feeling 40
- Patti G of Not Dead Yet Style
- Emily Ladeau of Words I Wheel By
- Trina Grandinetti of Tea Time With Trina
- Charlotte Issyvoo of Sublime Mercies
- Jane G of Flight Platform Living
- Tiffany of ParaTiffany
- Sacramento Amate of Mis Papelicos
- Lyosha Varezhkina of Lyosha the Girl
- Melissa Watkins of FabGlance Fashion and Style
- Caroline Acree of COSMICaroline
A great reader is someone who, first and foremost, understands that I appreciate their reading and commenting on what I write, even if I can't always personally acknowledge them. They can see what we have in common and that I do what I do to support others in their quest to become happier, better people. A great reader can appreciate my message even if they don't agree with it. Furthermore, they don't hesitate to express their opinions, because it is only in the free exchange of ideas and experiences that we can truly expand our horizons.
In fact, if you're reading this, you're a great reader just for doing so - and I thank you. I hope you visit often. May is going to be a lot of fun; wait and see.